This question already has an answer here:

Is there a one word term for someone who is a lover of words? Similar to language enthusiast but only in a single word.

marked as duplicate by tchrist single-word-requests Jul 20 '15 at 12:51

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • A monologophile, perhaps? But perhaps it depends on the word. – Robusto Jul 20 '15 at 12:49
  • As a side note, this is a very poor title for a question. Nobody clicks on such vague things. You will get more visitors and thus more answers if you provide a specific title that actually matches the question. – RegDwigнt Jul 20 '15 at 12:51
  • It's poor for several reasons, not the least of which being the fact that OP says it refers to someone interested "only in a single word." Yet from the OP's comment on the only answer we may assume that that restriction does not, in fact, apply. – Robusto Jul 20 '15 at 12:54
  • @Robusto But logophile is one word!!! I assume OP uses "in a single word" not to mean interested in a single word, but to mean "language enthusiast but in the form of a single word", surely? – Araucaria Jul 20 '15 at 15:08
  • @Araucaria: Whoa, easy on the exclamation marks. It isn't that big a deal. For some reason when I read it this morning it looked to me like OP meant what I said. No biggie. – Robusto Jul 20 '15 at 17:49

logophile: (n.) lover of words

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.