Let say there is a company named BlueEvin. The company has an object made of plastic or wood that shows the name BlueEvin. The object could be the size of a PC keyboard or smaller. The company often carries that object to a trade show or a conference and puts it on their table so that potential customers can know the name of that company.

I call it a brand/logo panel, but I think there is a better term for it.

So, what do you call the object like a brand/logo panel that a company often carries along to a trade show?

  • There may be a more specific term, but this would be an example of signage. – mfoy_ Jun 18 '15 at 15:42

Generically, it's a table-top display sign and would be part of a trade show display. There are many designs- L-shaped, or convex like this one:

enter image description here

The kind of trade shows that are more like conferences with small low-key booths that consist mostly of a draped table and some signs are sometimes called "table-top shows" to distinguish them from big high-budget trade shows with enormous custom-designed booths.

  • Can you support these contentions, Spehro Pefhany. If so, edit that support into your answer. It will significantly improve this answer and increase the likelihood of more upvotes. – user98990 Jun 19 '15 at 11:59

What do you call an object 1) the size of a PC keyboard or smaller; 2) a company carries to a trade show and puts on their table 3) so that potential customers know the name of that company. 4) I call it a brand/logo panel

Although these objects are commercially marketed nowadays as “table-top display signs,” as documented by Spehro Pefhany, they are also referred to as placards and posters.

placard noun: 1. A sign or notice for display in a public place. 2. A small card or plaque, such as a nameplate on a door. synonyms: notice, poster, sign, bill, advertisement; see, the Free Dictionary

placard (n.) late 15c., "formal document authenticated by an affixed seal," from Middle French placquard "official document with a large, flat seal," also "plate of armor," from Old French plaquier "to lay on, cover up, plaster over," from Middle Dutch placken "to patch (a garment), to plaster," related to Middle High German placke "patch, stain," German Placken "spot, patch." Meaning "poster" first recorded 1550s in English; this sense is in Middle French from 15c.; see, etymonline

poster noun: 1. a placard or bill posted or intended for posting in a public place, as for advertising. see, Dictionary.com

poster (n.) "bill, placard, thing posted," 1838, from post (v.1). Poster boy/girl/child "someone given prominence in certain causes" is attested by 1990, in reference to fund-raising drives for charities associated with disability, featuring child sufferers, a feature since 1930s. see, etymonline

plaque (n.) 1848, "ornamental plate or tablet," from French plaque "metal plate, coin" (15c.), perhaps through Flemish placke "small coin," from Middle Dutch placke "disk, patch, stain," related to German Placken "spot, patch" (compare placard). Meaning "deposit on walls of arteries" is first attested 1891; that of "bacteria deposits on teeth" is 1898. see, etymonline


Obviously this should be smaller than a Sandwich board. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich_board)

So more like a Standing Desk Sign? (http://www.officesigncompany.com/office_desk_signs.aspx)

  • This site recommends citation of links & sources in plain text due to the ever-present threat of link-rot. – user98990 Jun 19 '15 at 11:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.