What do we call a non-human (virtual) agent in computer science domain? I'm looking for a word/phrase other than bot or artificial agent.

Non-human agent

  • Do you need a general term or can you just give your bot an actual name? "Look it up using Sinclair." – Catija Jun 5 '15 at 15:08
  • 1
    "Bot" is a word. It also means exactly that. It is also universally used. What am I missing? – RegDwigнt Jun 5 '15 at 15:10
  • @Catija, I'm looking for a general term to describe it. – Eilia Jun 5 '15 at 15:11
  • 2
    Also, why not "virtual agent" ? It is used in computer science. – 0.. Jun 5 '15 at 15:12
  • 1
    Can you explain how you want to use it that shows why "bot", for example, is not usable for you? – Catija Jun 5 '15 at 15:13

Try intelligent virtual agent, virtual rep or v-rep
The site reads:

....In customer relationship management (CRM), a virtual agent (sometimes called an intelligent virtual agent, virtual rep or v-rep).....

Virtual Agent

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.