How should I write «replace the position of the object» or «replace the object» will be enough and the first variant is verbose?



If you're saying to get rid of an object and fill its place with a new one, then you would use the second one (replace the object).

If you're saying to move the object (change its position) you would modify the first sentence to make it reposition the object.

  • 1
    ... or "change the position". At any rate, "replace the position" makes zero sense. – RegDwigнt May 27 '15 at 10:32
  • @RegDwigнt Indeed. – Dog Lover May 27 '15 at 10:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.