I work with xyz pvt ltd, and I joined that company in 2011 and am still working there. I simply want to tell this to the HR Executive during the interview. What is the grammatically correct way to explain this in a formal situation?

If i say:

I have been working there since 2011.

I think the above mentioned line means that I am continuously working there; means no break or I had not come home.

If I say:

I am working at xyz pvt limted since 2011.

(again I think it would be grammatically incorrect).

Please tell me a correct line to explain my situation.

closed as off-topic by Tushar Raj, Robusto, TimLymington, FumbleFingers, ScotM May 23 '15 at 19:49

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Welcome to the ELU :-). I think that your question might be better suited on our sister site English Language Learners (you can flag it yourself to ask moderators to migrate it). I would suggest before posting other questions to have a look at websites help centre and to check whether someone asked a similar question before. – Lucky May 23 '15 at 12:35

If i say . "I have been working there since 2011?"

I think above mentioned line means that I have been continuously working ... no break or I had not came home.

The sentence: "I have been working with XY for 4 years/ since 2011"

is perfectly alright and doesn't imply you never went home

  • If i say,I work at XYZ pvt limited as a Senior Executive.I have been working there since 2011.(Is this line is correct) – user122708 May 23 '15 at 12:51
  • Ok, i am new on this site and i kept on searching for hours – user122708 May 23 '15 at 15:29
  • Yes, it is correct, you can change any part of the sentence, the verb is always correct. – user119052 May 23 '15 at 15:29

In your first example you should say "here", not "there". Otherwise it is fine.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.