I saw a student allergy list, and it said "Sorbitol, Navy Die, Dust". Could someone tell me what is "Navy Die"? Thanks a lot!

  • 4
    Maybe they meant "Navy /dye/"...? – potatoesandnoodles May 20 '15 at 1:35
  • 1
    Yeah, almost certainly they meant "dye". – Hot Licks May 20 '15 at 2:23

As mentioned in the comments, it's a typo. "Navy dye" was what they meant.

Navy dye allergy is a relatively common one that is usually noticed when blue jeans start causing rashes or irritation. I believe this falls under textile dermatitus, where someone is allergic to the dye(s) used in textiles.

  • 1
    Off-topic, but is "type-o" accepted usage? I've only ever seen typo (which I presume is short for "typographical error"). – atkins May 21 '15 at 14:24
  • @atkins I changed it to typo since that seems to be more common. Some places say that type-o means type O blood but others say it means typographical error. – DanielST May 21 '15 at 14:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.