"Vintage" is close to what I'm looking for. Maybe "anachronism" is too strong, but I'm looking for a word that describes something that becomes desirable since it is no longer in use, like receiving a letter in the mail.


I think "evocative" might fit what you're looking for.

adjective: evocative bringing strong images, memories, or feelings to mind.

So perhaps an evocative letter?

  • Best answer yet. +1. – Tushar Raj May 15 '15 at 6:16
  • It's customary to link to an online dictionary definition. – Tushar Raj May 15 '15 at 6:16
  • I will update once I have a computer with internet access (phone right now), my apologies I was unaware, first answer here. – jdphenix May 15 '15 at 6:18

What about "period piece"? From google:

period piece (noun): an object or work that is set in or strongly reminiscent of an earlier historical period.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.