Is there a specific/proper/technical term for it? And not just the R-flop, but specifically the L-flop to W.
What would work here:
“I'm watching Formula 1 on Sky Sports and the __________ of the Brit announcers is so annoying - it's killing me."
“Billie Piper is so hot. Her __________ in Dr. Who has me rubbing my legs together like a cricket.”
You get the idea.
- Rhotacism – I think related to other speech “impediments”, possibly too specific to the letter R, or at least not specific enough, I don't think
- Elmer Fudd Syndrome – too pejorative
- Baby Talk – perfect in above sentences, but I think reserved for intentional use.
- Johnathan Ross Syndrome - ?
- The L/R to W speech impediment - ?
- L-vocalization - ?
- “non-rhotic dialect r fronting” - ?