Is there a single word that refers to the type of word that the words dawn, morning, afternoon, evening, ect are?

I'm looking for something more specific than 'time.'

  • This gets asked a lot. There is no good answer other than "time of day" or the slightly more awkward/obscure but technical "daypart". The way StackExchange works, your question is going to be marked as a duplicate of one of those two, so consider all the answers under those questions. – Dan Bron May 8 '15 at 20:13
  • Thanks, I did not find that question when I searched. Thanks for pointing it out! – Betsy Dupuis May 8 '15 at 20:18
  • Yeah, SE is really hard to search for dupes. I even knew those questions existed and still had to use Google to find them. – Dan Bron May 8 '15 at 20:22
  • I wish there was a way to append different phrasings to questions when there are duplicates for SEO, but that's a conversation for Meta I suppose. – Betsy Dupuis May 8 '15 at 20:23

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.