Have you seen those home-printed ads, usually pasted on community boards, with cut-up strips at the bottom with the phone number printed on each strip so to allow anyone interested to tear off one of the tabs to phone later? I think they are not common outside the USA.

Is there an idiomatic term to that kind of ads?

I've thought of "tabbed ads" and "tear-away ads" but I've just made that up.

enter image description here

  • 1
    General "flyers".
    – Dan Bron
    Apr 23, 2015 at 14:40
  • Tear-away ads:google.it/…
    – user66974
    Apr 23, 2015 at 14:41

1 Answer 1


I've always called the bits at the bottom "tear strips". As, apparently, do others.

The whole page is just a flyer, bulletin or ad(vertisement).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.