When a deceased person is mentioned in a publication his or her name is often followed by parentheses and the year of birth and the year of death. There is a single word describing that information. What is that word?


I'm unaware of a specialized term for this, but generically one could refer to it as their lifespan:

the amount of time that a person or animal actually lives (M-W)

  • 2
    In a similar vein: lifetime. – jxh Apr 17 '15 at 2:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.