In my country we are used to saying I am eating above/over something.

Example: you are eating pizza at your desk where is a keyboard. You have it in your hand so it is not on the keyboard, but above... lifted.

What is the right word, or is there any other way to say it?

Is it at?


You would be eating over your keyboard. A common usage of this would be eating over the sink -- what you do when you're too lazy to get a plate and sit down at the table.

  • 1
    Eating over the sink is such a common default behavior that you might hear: "I want to marry him, but I don't know if he can be domesticated - he's a total 'sink-eater'."
    – Oldbag
    Apr 15 '15 at 13:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.