I'm sure I read about this on this website, but I am clueless as to what it was. An example may be adding 'gate' to the end of scandal titles. People understand it enough to use it to describe other scandals with out knowing where it started. I have a vague recollection of the name of this having something to do with snow??? but please don't quote me on that

  • 2
    They're known as snowclones. – Edwin Ashworth Apr 11 '15 at 21:50
  • Thankyou. I knew I had seen the term on here, but was hard to search for it when I couldn't remember the term – Emma F Apr 11 '15 at 21:59
  • No problem. Yours is a rare example of a duplicate that can't be expected to be checked for being such. It's closed to keep the site tidy. – Edwin Ashworth Apr 11 '15 at 22:03

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.