Is there an English word for a plaza or forum in a park that is semicircular in shape, with rising decks on a slope similiar to how terraced farming is conducted?

  • 5
    Maybe an amphitheater? – Dan Bron Mar 25 '15 at 11:03
  • Nice one, Don.,, actually Pizza, what the hell is the Italian word for that?? Is there such a specific word? – Fattie Mar 25 '15 at 11:32

Probably the term you are looking for is arena:

  • an enclosure or platform, usually surrounded by seats on all sides, in which sports events, contests, entertainments, etc, take place: a boxing arena.



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.