What do you call a person or what is the job title for a person who can fix or repair anything?

  • 1
    Jack of all trades? Handyman (for males).
    – trw
    Mar 23 '15 at 6:40
  • 2
    @trw I would use handyman for both sexes.
    – Anonym
    Mar 23 '15 at 6:41
  • 1
    Colloquially, "Mr Fixit".
    – Erik Kowal
    Mar 23 '15 at 6:55
  • 1
    Why do you think there is a “correct” answer possible here?
    – tchrist
    Mar 23 '15 at 7:47
  • "Handyman" is the most common term. 150 or so years ago it was "tinkerer", I understand, but that term has since come to mean a hobbyist who tinkers around.
    – Hot Licks
    Mar 23 '15 at 13:18

The word for such a person would be 'Handyman'.

  • Definition and a reference link would be welcome.
    – Centaurus
    Mar 23 '15 at 14:30

As far as job titles: If you kept company with folks who live in rented apartments, in NY, you would often hear the phrase - "I have to call "The Super". Super is short for superintendent who is usually a resident of the building, hired by the property owner, to do household repairs for the tenants.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.