I am wondering what is the name of process during which student chooses which subjects he/she going to attend to in next semester. After some thinking, "subject election" came to mind but somehow it doesn't feel right.

Is there any better alternative to this?

  • 1
    Selection instead of election. Mar 17 '15 at 15:30
  • Thanks, I've just read the difference between those two :) Mar 17 '15 at 17:53

I've always used "course selection."

  • Ah, that sounds better. Just a quick question: If my university has two groups of studies (say, hardware and software engineering) what would be a word for that? Thought about "department", but I'm not sure... Mar 17 '15 at 17:52
  • My university always called them departments, but I'm not sure about what you would call them if they're divisions within a department. Mar 17 '15 at 18:07
  • That's it! Division is the word I was looking for :) Thanks a lot :) Mar 17 '15 at 19:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.