I was reading a Sanskrit manuscript and realized that pages 12 to 19 were missing...

I would simply call those pages as "missing pages", however, is there a word or phrase for such missing parts?


These are properly referred to as lacunae (singular lacuna):

: a gap or blank space in something : a missing part <She found a lacuna in the historical record.>

(Merriam-Webster Online)

  • +1 @Matt Gutting - you got it! Good answer, great word. – user98990 Feb 6 '15 at 1:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.