What word might I use that has the same connotations of "queue" but without the 1-by-1 implied order?

Example: an individual can make multiple changes to a series of items. Some changes may ultimately depend on another change, but all changes are made at once when complete. So they don't have to be recorded in order.

  • ..........list? Feb 5 '15 at 15:33
  • I need a word that is an action indicating input into - e.g., "queue changes" - "list", unfortunately, is an output action. Feb 5 '15 at 15:36
  • Ah, you're not talking about mainstream English. Then shouldn't this be asked on another SE site? Feb 5 '15 at 15:39
  • 2
    A queue without order is a crowd.
    – RegDwigнt
    Feb 5 '15 at 15:41
  • @EdwinAshworth - there may be a better SE, but I'm unsure of it; apologies if I landed this is the wrong place. Feb 5 '15 at 15:47

A group of items that are all processed together is called a batch.

From Merriam Webster's:

  1. an amount of something that is made at one time

  2. a group of people or things

  3. computers : a set of jobs that a computer does together at one time

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.