For example, "I am giving you the ___ form". Where I am using numeric characters e.g., 1 instead of one. I don't think canonical exactly fits here because the English version is seems to be unique as well.

  • 2
    Well, they're generally referred to as "Arabic numerals".
    – Hot Licks
    Commented Jan 21, 2015 at 18:47
  • You're using digits, but unfortunately, digital now has a quite different meaning to most people. Commented Jan 21, 2015 at 18:57
  • 1
    You'd use an ordinal (first / 1st) rather than a cardinal (one / 1) number before the noun. Commented Jan 21, 2015 at 19:13
  • Converse question: Term for writing a number as “five” vs “5”?
    – choster
    Commented Jan 21, 2015 at 19:40

1 Answer 1


I am giving you the numeric form

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.