I am writing a document that I hope to show as a web page, and make available as a PDF that people might print. In the opening I have: "This document is an annotated guide to foo bar."
While I presently referring to it as a 'document' that seems the wrong word for a web page. Is there a general word/phrase to categorize such something that someone might be reading on a web site/paper/pdf on computer? Words I have considered:
- document - close, but a bit too redolent of traditional paper document.
- paper - doesn't capture web page dimension.
- site - only works if they are online.
- content - anemic and too generic. Could be a painting for all we know.
- material - is very close, but suffers from similar shortcoming to content.
- work - also close, but a bit academic and generic.
- [nothing] That is, just write "This is an annotated guide to foo bar." I am leaning toward this solution, which isn't a solution as much as avoiding the issue.