I am curious as to whether there is a noun or some other, more suitable expression for that group of people which shares my personality type. I often use 'people with same traits or personality'.

  • When you say 'mates', do you mean 'sexual partners', or simply 'close friends' (as in the colloquial British English / Australian term, e.g. "I spent last night with my mates down the pub")? – Erik Kowal Jan 4 '15 at 2:21
  • If you mean people who share your personality type but with whom you don't necessarily socialize [after all, a group of mates may well have very different personalities], perhaps the modern use of 'tribe' is closer. But that does also imply a lifestyle choice. – David Garner Jan 4 '15 at 17:44

It is more general than personality type but it fits somewhat:

Kindred souls.


possibly clique or coterie

I can't comment so I have to write it in an answer


"Birds of a feather (flock together)"


The best word I can think of is peers.

  • one that is of equal standing with another : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status
  • a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status

Peers could refer to anyone who shares your personality or otherwise "belongs to the same group", regardless whether they are actual acquaintances of yours.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.