T-shirt saying "Get out of my …?…"

I do not understand the last word. Can someone write it in plain text?

  • Grill - urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grill – Frank Dec 28 '14 at 13:53
  • 4
    This is more of a graphics design question. It's certainly not about the English language. – Janus Bahs Jacquet Dec 28 '14 at 17:41
  • 1
    @Janus Alas that in today's post-scriptorial world decoding even the most basic of cursive hands should be relegated to bespectacled palaeographers muttering to themselves in dead languages! – tchrist Dec 28 '14 at 20:55

The last word is "Grill", written in cursive.

In this context, it means "Get out of my face" (which, in turn, means "Go away").

"Grill" is not generally a synonym for "face" -- but works as a synonym in this context: It's original meaning was the grill (or, more properly, grille) of a car. From this, "grill" came to be used to refer to dental braces or other visible orthodontia (such as gold tooth caps). And from there it gave rise to the meaning in your photograph.


The last word is "Grill". The "r" is a form of the letter which only appears in handwriting (or typefaces which are supposed to resemble handwriting like this one), and not everyone writes them that way.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.