If someone who goes to the Theatre is a Theatregoer, what is the single-word noun for someone who participates in a Winterfest? I am assuming it would not be "Winterfester" as that sounds more like some kind of suppurating wound.

  • 'Is there word for it'? It's just not even a thing.
    – Mitch
    Dec 17 '14 at 17:34
  • It would perhaps be a good starting point to consider the possible name for a person who takes place in any 'festival'. I can't think of an obvious one, but I am wondering if 'reveller' might get close? So Winter Reveller?
    – WS2
    Dec 17 '14 at 17:37
  • 2
    – Oldcat
    Dec 17 '14 at 19:40
  • 3
    Having refused to clean the wound in November, by late December it began Winterfestering.
    – Minnow
    Dec 17 '14 at 20:22


"I have been coming down since I was little," said one WinterFest-goer.


Winterfester sounds rather German.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.