I'm looking for the grammatical way to say one person gave another person an injection of some illegal drug, as opposed to a medical-office situation. Self-injection is described when a person says "I [or he] shot up."

Should I use "I shot him up," which sounds rather violent, or is there a better form?


How about drugged? It isn't exclusive to injection, but "Administer a drug to (someone) in order to induce stupor or insensibility" sounds close to what you are looking for.

  • Grammatically solid, but I was hoping for something more slangy. – Carl Witthoft Dec 10 '14 at 21:19
  • 1
    Oh, then you might want doped. It's certainly more slangy. – Gerger Dec 11 '14 at 15:22

You could say that you "dosed" him with the drug.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.