I am looking for a word that describes the profession that involves frequent traveling

closed as too broad by Mari-Lou A, Ellie Kesselman, Roaring Fish, Tim Lymington supports Monica, Lynn Nov 30 '14 at 15:15

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    You may find English Language Learners useful. – James Waldby - jwpat7 Nov 30 '14 at 7:30
  • 1
    Why was the answer deleted, it seems fine to me. – Kris Nov 30 '14 at 8:06
  • 1
    Is the travelling intrinsic to his job e.g. truck driver, or does it mean the person takes different means of transport because his/her job involves travelling around the country and overseas? Or is it do with commuting? Please, add some more detail. – Mari-Lou A Nov 30 '14 at 8:28
  • 1
    More context is needed for an answer that isn't based chiefly on an implausible ability to read your mind. – Erik Kowal Nov 30 '14 at 9:53
  • @Kris, after posting my answer, I re-read the question and got confused about what the OP was looking for. I think it was too late in the night for me to think straight. I will undelete it. – pacoverflow Nov 30 '14 at 19:08

There are a lot of professions that involve frequent traveling. If you are looking for a generic term, then road warrior fits the bill.

Merriam-Webster defines road warrior as:

a person who travels a lot especially as part of his or her job

a person who travels frequently especially on business


You can use the word that describes the area to be covered. Ex: "District manager", "National salesperson", "International buyer".

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.