Adjectives are found in different forms, among which comparative and superlative. However, is there a term to describe adjectives' "base form" (is "base form" the right term to coin them)?


Circle adjectives with different colors depending on whether they are written in their comparative, superlative or base form.

  • For painted door, are there painteder door and paintedest door? Nov 24, 2014 at 8:02

1 Answer 1


The grammatical category associated with comparison of adjectives and adverbs is degree of comparison. The usual degrees of comparison are the positive ... the comparative ... and the superlative.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.