I'm looking for an English word which would replace "a seminar/conference talk where each co-author of the paper gives approximately one half of the talk" which may or may not exist.

  • Are they interacting during the presentation? If so, perhaps a dialog (or dialogue)?
    – bib
    Nov 5, 2014 at 16:33
  • 2
    The talk is a talk, no matter how many people deliver it. You could say it was co-authored or co-delivered I guess, but it's still just a talk.
    – Carl Smith
    Nov 5, 2014 at 16:33
  • 1
    I'm not sure about the "talk" part since I know those events as presentations so maybe co-presenters would work? Nov 5, 2014 at 16:54
  • 1
    There is no such word, because the rare need for it can be handled by a short phrase such as "the co-authors shared the presentation of the talk"
    – Oldcat
    Nov 5, 2014 at 20:00
  • What about good old "joint presentation"? Apr 5, 2015 at 0:49

1 Answer 1


As mentioned below, one wouldn't really need a word for this phenomenon - the phrase "shared conference presentation," or the longer "conference talk in which both my co-author and I presented" would work.

Any more specific term for what you are doing would necessarily have to come from the form of your presentation: dialogue if it's a conversation, debate if it's a confrontation (which, given that you are co-authors of a paper, I should hope this is not the case).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.