I'm looking for a certain word, usually being said about the current generation, something like attention deficit caused by over stimulation (like people don't want to wait for more than 30 seconds for a video, etc).

The word I was looking for was desensitized

4 Answers 4


Restive comes to mind: Unable to keep still or silent and becoming increasingly difficult to control.

  • mm.. not exactly, I'm looking for something to do with the attention, or lack of it.
    – Asaf
    Apr 9, 2011 at 10:07

Perhaps fractious would be what you are looking for. See meaning (2) here, or perhaps the other synonyms offered (particularly testy and captious).


The words you could use to describe the current generation:

  1. restless
  2. speeded-up
  3. impatient
  4. high-strung
  5. on-edge

These are simple terms that you have probably thought of yourself.


If you don't mind a bit of slang, how about wired?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.