I'd like to know what those information stations (just like tea/coffee stations) are called?

  • If they are transitory, they are sometimes called pop-ups, at least here in London, UK.
    – almagest
    Sep 17, 2014 at 5:28
  • They used to call it a 'bureau,' and now it's called a 'kiosk,' 'booth' or sometimes even 'station' as you suggested. I am far more familiar with 'help desk' than other alternates.
    – Kris
    Sep 17, 2014 at 6:18

2 Answers 2


You can call it a information kiosk or a helpdesk


In the context of a business convention or trade show, such a display can be called a booth or trade show booth. These may just be tables with pamphlets or fliers, etc., but they are often more elaborate displays with back-drops, video displays, and other things to catch the attention of show attendees.

Illustration from Wikipedia

  • A 'booth' is usually closed on some or all sides. A 'kiosk' is open, and may even be just a desk or 'bureau.' Today, though, the terms 'kiosk' and 'booth' are used almost interchangeably and 'bureau' has passed into history.
    – Kris
    Sep 17, 2014 at 6:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.