Say you have a forum only a select group of people have access to contribute to - what would you call those people?

Or, more accurately to my domain, say you have a file on a shared computer drive that any user can read but only certain users can write to - what would you call those certain users?

  • 5
    Generally, I would call them contributors or editors. – Digital Chris Sep 10 '14 at 17:52
  • 1
    Co-conspirators? – bib Sep 10 '14 at 18:00
  • authors
  • contributors
  • writers
  • editors

Your choice may depend on how many levels of access you will have in total.

| improve this answer | |
  • "Editors" is probably the most general of these in application. – chapka Sep 10 '14 at 18:11
  • yes, but if there are to be multiple levels of access then editors tells us that they have access to make changes to things already written, while the other choices might simply have access to write things. – KnightHawk Sep 10 '14 at 18:13

Taking a cue from classic pub-sub terminology, I'd call such people "publishers".

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.