Consider the following situation:
- A person, Alice, is hired to do a job for a company, ZooBiz.
- Alice is able to entirely outsource her job. She pays the outsourcer 50% of what she makes, and no longer has to perform her duties.
- ZooBiz discovers what Alice is doing, and then fires her for it.
- After firing Alice (and upon the realization that she was not completing her own work) ZooBiz decides that it was very pleased with the quality of work from the Outsourcer.
- ZooBiz hires the outsourcer to replace Alice.
Would that situation constitute a Pyrrhic Victory?
Would that situation constitute Irony?
PS I am sorry if I have miscategorized this post, please feel free to recategorize it.