I know the bone at the rear of the human head is occiput, how are those at the sides called?

closed as off-topic by anongoodnurse, Lunivore, Andrew Leach Aug 14 '14 at 8:53

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions that can be answered using commonly-available references are off-topic. A list of these references can be found here: List of general references" – anongoodnurse, Lunivore, Andrew Leach
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


That depends which bone you're referring to. Do you mean the temporal bones? This image will help

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.