Google shows contactor as a word but not contacter..

But contactor is a term for an electrical component.

I feel like contacter would be appropriate but I'm not sure. Which would be correct?


I would use a more specific term than contactor. I'd be inclined to use "visitor", if I was contacted in person; "caller" if I was contacted by phone; writer if I was contacted in writing (including in digital media). My reason for not using contacter, is that it is not generally considered an English word, and I believe most readers of English would find it distracting. I would not use "contactor", because while it is a word, it is used so rarely that I would still suspect the reader or hearer would consider it distracting.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.