I'm trying to work out any possible pluralization strings for an application that handles dynamic values, and I'm a little stuck on the English here.. What I think sounds right doesn't feel right.
- Selected 1 entry (correct)
- Selected 2+ entries (correct)
But if I want to include the total as well:
- Selected 1 of 1 entries (is this correct? it sounds correct to me)
- Selected 0 of 1 entries (is this correct?)
- Selected 1 of 2 entries (correct)
I know it's trivial, but these little details matter to me..
EDIT: If the count is the max, another option is to express this as:
- Selected all 2 entries (correct)
- Selected all 1 entry (this doesn't sound correct? is it?)