As the title suggests, I'm looking for a word for someone who wants to find a single word to describe a relatively obscure concept, and posts such questions on internet boards. If I'm informed of such a word (or even a short phrase to the same effect), I'll be able to communicate more clearly, concisely, and precisely in the internet fora that I frequent.

  • 5
    This has a distinct feel of being off-topic to it… and yet I can't help but upvote! – Janus Bahs Jacquet Jul 13 '14 at 9:28
  • 3
    Related. – tchrist Jul 13 '14 at 11:47
  • 4
    ...... annoying – Edwin Ashworth Jul 13 '14 at 14:29
  • 3
    Please migrate this posting to ELU.meta. – tchrist Jul 13 '14 at 16:21
  • @jwpat7 Thanks for the edit. It's actually a lot funnier now. :D – Paul Jul 15 '14 at 7:38

Potential English Language & Usage user


What about monologomaniac?

PS. I do like your question.


I think the term you are after is Stack-barker. Or possibly Stack-breaker.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.