What word or phrase best communicates the idea that a human (or other sentient being) is easily swayed, particularly between moral good and evil? Words I have found that are close are:
- Impressionable - Easily influenced because of a lack of critical ability.
- Implies that the subject lacks critical skills, and misses the concept of good and evil.
- Gullible - Easily persuaded to believe something
- Misses the concept of good and evil
I created a typical angels and demons scenario to demonstrate the polar extremes of the the spectrum. In this scenario, I lack the word to describe the humans, who can be influenced towards either end of the spectrum if impressed upon by an external entity.
The angels are devoted to good, and are immovable in their ideals. The demons are wicked, and will feign morality only to manipulate others. Both prey upon the humans, who are ____________.
I think that the key here is the spectrum of good an evil. Here are examples of other spectra and their associated words, for comparison.
- Easily pushed from calm to angry: Temperamental
- Easily moved from determined to hopeless: Weak-willed
- Easily influenced by propaganda: See answers here