The Enlightenment was a cultural movement of intellectuals (Europe, XVIII century). It is associated with the Scientific Revolution, the Atlantic Revolutions (American Revolution, French Revolution, Latin American Revolutions, etc.), Romanticism, most of modern Political Science and Jurisprudence, and a lot more.
1) Is "Illuminism" an acceptable synonym?
2) Is "illuminist" the attribute (for both people and ideas)? Would an "illuminist idea" be the same as an "Enlightenment idea"? Would an "illuminist" be the same as an "Enlightenment thinker/intellectual"?
3) If not, is there any alternative to the attributive "Enlightenment"?
4) Is "Enlightened" an acceptable adjective for the attributive "Enlightenment"? In this case how do you avoid confusion with the adjective "enlightened" just meaning "wise"?
5) A single-word adjective for "Enlightenment intellectual", "intellectual who is a follower of the Enlightenment"?