Histonic cancer

Would this term be understood by English-speaking medical professionals?

Google shows only 53 hits, and all are from Japanese or Chinese sites.

If it is not natural English, perhaps someone could recommend a more natural term.

Translated literally from Japanese, it would be something like "tissue-type cancer" or "organ-type cancer".


1 Answer 1


Perhaps you are referring to histological types of cancer. See: http://www.crs-src.ca/page.aspx?pid=1765


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.