What would you call a person that doesn't care for your personal space and is kind-of sticky and doesn't get the hint that people are awkward around him/her and generally avoid him/her?

  • Stalker.......?
    – WS2
    Commented May 23, 2014 at 7:51
  • ... User 77100? Commented May 23, 2014 at 8:42
  • When this is reopened I'll add the following answer: limpet, “... someone disregarding or ignorant of another's personal space Commented May 25, 2014 at 23:50
  • @jwpat7 - a limpet is a rock-dwelling mollusk. Do you think this needs to be reopened for this unconventional use? If you do, which is fine, you should present in meta, which will probably get it reopened for you. Commented May 30, 2014 at 5:57
  • @medica, limpet is a traditional literary term for a clingy person or a personal-space-invading person, so the usage I mentioned is not unconventional. Commented May 30, 2014 at 15:37

6 Answers 6


Intruder and busybody may fit you description I think.


I would call such a person "Clingy". It is mainly used for people who try to stick around all the time more than you want them to.


That person might be a Personal Space Invader


If this is a case of the person not understanding proxemics, and say, standing too close to you when you talk, I would call him or her a close talker.


Socially inept/clueless.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

  • List item

I would call him stubborn. A stubborn man does not care for our personal space.

Also consider:


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.