For example, someone strongly offended you and you let them know, maybe hoping for an apology, acknowledgement or just a change in his attitude. Instead he laughs it off, ignores your concern by saying "haha, so what have you been up to/how are you?"

What would you call a person like this?

closed as primarily opinion-based by Kit Z. Fox May 23 '14 at 13:50

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 6
    I'd say you can call him anything you want. If he gets offended, just laugh it off. – Janus Bahs Jacquet May 22 '14 at 21:52
  • 2
    Is it something like an explanation of how magnets work, or gravity that has offended you? The answer to your question is highly dependent on what the supposedly offensive words or deeds were. – Wayfaring Stranger May 22 '14 at 23:20
  • 4
    FWIW, you seem to ask only questions about what to call someone whom you don't appreciate or who does something you don't appreciate (8 for 8, so far). Why not loosen up a bit? There's more to the English language & its usage than name calling. Just a friendly suggestion - hope you don't feel offended by it. And I don't mean that there is anything wrong with asking such questions. But maybe you have some other questions also? – Drew May 23 '14 at 1:27

Unapologetic might fit.

not feeling or showing regret or shame : not apologetic

impenitent is a synonym also.


Insensitive is the word I would use.


Insensitive; rude; thoughtless; non-caring; banal


Consider unconcerned.

unconcerned: lacking in interest or care or feeling


Perhaps callous or oblivious to the feelings of others.


I would call them ruthless, incompassionate, or cold-hearted.

having or showing no pity

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.