I'm pretty sure there is a word for this, I remember seeing it on the Internet once and the closest I have is "buzzwording" (not a real word?)

  • Bullshitting...! – WS2 May 22 '14 at 20:12
  • Bullshit Bingo comes to mind here. (As does manager.) – Drew May 22 '14 at 20:28

I would call such a one a jargonista.



On the grounds that many such people may be using an Oval Books guide,...



I think that is a project manager. Definitely at my company.

Somone who uses endless buzz words and centres their existance around a load of paperwork, meetings, conference calls and turning every task, no matter how small, into an epic display of verbal and written diarrhea. Jobs that once needed a sensible tradeperson or two, now need to be a project with a project manager. They sit between the workers and management and are very good at being on the side of whoever they are talking to and ensuring that they are never in the same room as both workers and management. Commanding huge amounts of money, they are gifted in prolonging everything.

  • In order to be certified by the PMI you need to be able to spout specific jargon as defined by the PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge). If it costs a lot it shouldn't be easy to understand. – Spehro Pefhany May 22 '14 at 21:37

I would prefer sophomoric because buzzwords are relatively new words that are not well-established. So being too quick to adopt them might be a sign that someone is a follower, sheep, or sophomoric.

In another sense, someone who is in Marketing will use buzzwords frequently by the nature of their job.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.