Is there a word that starts with "F" that is related to intoxication?

I have racked my brain all over the state of mindlessness for this, but have yet to come up with a good answer.

closed as off-topic by Matt E. Эллен, user66974, Ronan, anongoodnurse, tchrist May 15 '14 at 19:28

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on choosing an ideal word or phrase must include information on how it will be used in order to be answered. For help writing a good word or phrase request, see: About single word requests" – Matt E. Эллен, Community, Ronan, anongoodnurse, tchrist
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    Are you trying to recall a word you once heard, in which case context might be helpful (such as "It was in the northern UK in the 90's", for instance), or are you trying for a piece of trivia, such as "I know have a word for drunkenness in every letter of the alphabet!" – Avner Shahar-Kashtan May 15 '14 at 7:04
  • 2
  • @AvnerShahar-Kashtan, I was working on a title for house party "Friends, Food, Alcohol".. I wanted to go with three Fs – Raj More May 16 '14 at 13:09
  • @BleedingFingers That is fantastic! – Raj More May 16 '14 at 13:09
  • @RajMore "Friends, Food, Free Drinks!" – Avner Shahar-Kashtan May 16 '14 at 13:10

Fou: drunk.

Fuzzled: To make drunk; to intoxicate; to fuddle.

Fuddle: To drink to excess. [Colloq.] [1913 Webster]

Fordrunken: Utterly drunk; very drunk.

Fap: "drunk," late 16c.

Full: May also refer to being drunk. As in D.H. Lawrence's novel Sons and Lovers

Fuzzed: Fuzz \Fuzz\ (f[u^]z), v. t. To make drunk. [Obs.] --Wood. [1913 Webster]

  • 1
    I'd be cautious about using Fap; it has a more recent meaning that still involves moving your hand up and down as you would while drinking from a pint glass (or a shot glass depending on your endowment) but repeating the action more quickly. – Frank May 15 '14 at 4:58
  • @ Frank, why whatever do you mean Rhett Butler? Fiddle-dee-dee! – Third News May 15 '14 at 5:06
  • 1
    Fiddling with your dee-dee may well be another euphemism for it ! – Frank May 15 '14 at 5:08
  • @Frank, Scarlett O'Hara and I may know 7 words for drunk but we don't nothin' 'bout birthin' babies, and manustupration – Third News May 15 '14 at 5:13
  • Interesting. I'd never seen full in that sense in English. Its cognates are the common, generic words for being drunk in all the Scandinavian languages (where there are different words for being full from eating). – Janus Bahs Jacquet May 15 '14 at 7:47



Falling Down Drunk and Fupped Uck are two good ones. Here's more than you can shake a stick at: http://freaky_freya.tripod.com/Drunktionary/E-H.html



Flushed: a state of intoxication when one begins to feel warm, pleasant, and craves more to drink. When someone has drunk enough alcohol to feel beyond buzzed, but not tipsy.

Fried: drunk; inebriated.

Flying: intoxicated by alcohol.

Floozed: intoxicated by alcohol or drugs.


OED mentions fucked as an option:

Intoxicated by alcohol or drugs. Cf. fucked-up adj. 3.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.