I don't know how to say the water molecule in English, Just use "Water Molecule" or any other scientific description?

  • I've heard it called the Mickey Mouse molecule because the oxygen atom is much bigger than the hydrogen atom so the molecule looks a bit like Mickey Mouse's head under an electron microscope.
    – KCH
    Apr 28, 2014 at 22:58
  • @KCH WOW!It's really nice.This the first time I heart about the saying of water molecule!You are so kind so that I can remember the description for a long time!
    – David Li
    Apr 29, 2014 at 4:32

1 Answer 1


A molecule of water is called a molecule of water in English. If you want to be more scientific, you can say a molecule of H2O. If you want to be very scientific, you can say, an Oxygen atom covalently bonded to two Hydrogen atoms.

A water molecule is your best bet.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.