Do you know pangrams shorter than the traditional ‘the quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog’ ?
Jocks find quartz glyph, vex BMW.
See more here on the Wikipedia page on pangrams.
I tried to use the Internet Anagram Server to find pangrams with only 26 letters, but it says the server load is too high right now, but it did offer a link to another page with only pangrams. Here is the list they provide (some already offered in other answers):
- Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. (thirty-two letters)
- Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz. (thirty-one)
- How quickly daft jumping zebras vex. (thirty)
- Quick wafting zephyrs vex bold Jim. (twenty-nine)
- Waltz, nymph, for quick jigs vex Bud. (twenty-eight)
- Bawds jog, flick quartz, vex nymph. (twenty-seven)
- Mr. Jock, TV quiz Ph.D., bags few lynx. (twenty-six!)
If I recall correctly, the shortest was a newspaper headline about some vandals who wanted to carve something into a quartz column, only to find it had already been vandalized: "Quartz glyph job vex'd cwm finks" - 26 letters, + apostrophe.
I'm not sure how the cwm (coom) works into it, unless there was a valley involved.