Is there a term for the pose when a woman covers her breasts with her hands (like for a photoshoot or movie)?

2 Answers 2


I think a term that is coined lately for the pose is handbra. (Also, hand bra or hand-bra.)


Consider coy

(Especially with reference to a woman) making a pretense of shyness or modesty that is intended to be alluring: she treated him to a coy smile of invitation

You might also consider the adjective demure. It can mean

affectedly modest or prim; coy

It also can mean

Modest and reserved in manner or behavior.

Its application to a bashful nude would be a bit ironic.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.