We have water that is not drinkable, we boil it for killing the microbes, is this sentence correct “I immunize the water ” or there is an idiom for this action?
When you boil it to kill the microbes, you are sterilizing the water through Sterilization.
verb (used with object),
- to destroy microorganisms in or on, usually by bringing to a high temperature with steam, dry heat, or boiling liquid.
- to destroy the ability of (a person or animal) to reproduce by removing the sex organs or inhibiting their functions.
- to make (land) barren or unproductive.
- Informal. to delete or remove anything comprising or damaging from: to sterilize a government document before releasing it to the press.
- Informal. to isolate or completely protect from unwanted, unauthorized, or unwholesome activities, attitudes, influences, etc.: You can't sterilize children against violence.
And by sterilizing you are making the water Potable.
fit or suitable for drinking: potable water.
The commonly used term for this is to "purify" the water; other options are: sanitize, disinfect or decontaminate.