I have created a dropdown menu for my website. In this dropdown menu I have put a tab for audio, a tab for video, but I don't know what to call the category that include (News, articles, and stories altogether). I'm looking for a word that says something like this: "The reading stuff found here". In other words, even though the word video includes many different subjects, someone understand this is a category that has all videos. Is there something similar for the reading part ?

2 Answers 2


The word is text

Written or printed words, typically forming a connected piece of work

  • Why not print to distinguish it from visual and auditory measures. While an emerging anacronism, most journalists who write consider their medium print not text.
    – bib
    Apr 7, 2014 at 13:49
  • Why restrict it to just what journalists do? If that's the case then news, articles and stories are the same thing. Apr 7, 2014 at 14:03

You may want to consider print.

print (noun)

* printed material.
* a printed publication, as a newspaper or magazine.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.