I recall there being a word for nasal singing, I might be imagining things, but haven't had any luck finding that word on Google. Does any one have any suggestions?

  • 6
    Are you referring to "humming"? – user66974 Mar 30 '14 at 16:03
  • I'd read about Bobby McFerrin. If there's a specific name (other than humming), it will be found somewhere around him. – anongoodnurse Mar 30 '14 at 16:33

How about the term "rhinophonia?"


Are you talking about nasal voices? If you are I have some medical jargon for you.

rhinolalia is the medical term for this nasal speech. This can be further classified into hyponasal speech (hypo-rhinolalia) and hypernasal speech (hyper-rhinolalia). Wikipedia has a superficial discussion on these topics if you care.

Hope this is helpful.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.