Is it acceptable in BrE to omit the commas (as I've done below) after 2006, 1946, France, Texas and New York? To me, commas after each serve no purpose: they reduce the flow of the sentence.
• The performance took place on February 2, 2006 at the State Theatre in Ithaca.
• January 23, 1946 is Helen's date of birth.
• Prague, Czechoslovakia is a great vacation spot.
• Paris, France will host the Olympics.
• Dallas, Texas is the home of this special event.
• Syracuse, NY will play host to this year's Rock of Ages music festival.