I fail to recall this word (could be informal in nature) that refers to the 'warmth of a seat that has just been vacated by someone seated on it for some time'.


  • The best that I can come up with is 'butt-print', which I'm quite sure isn't exactly the answer. – Yaitzme Feb 10 '14 at 12:44
  • 1
    Sounds like something the Romans might've had a word for... – d'alar'cop Feb 10 '14 at 12:47
  • 5
    Shoeburyness (Adams, Lloyd) – z7sg Ѫ Feb 10 '14 at 12:48
  • @z7sgѪ that is an answer, not a comment! – d'alar'cop Feb 10 '14 at 12:49
  • 1
    Shoeburyness is close, but its actual definition is 'The vague uncomfortable feeling you get when sitting on a seat which is still warm from somebody else's bottom.' So the feeling rather than the warmth. – Barrie England Feb 10 '14 at 13:11

Let me go ahead and coin "posterior thermoresidual."


Urbandictionary has the following slang terms:

Man Heat

The residual warmth left over on a toilet seat after a man or woman has taken a crap, and or mearly sat there undressed for a period of time. The life force that sustains warm seat warriors.

When I sat down on the bowl I was pleasently surprised (disgustingley horrified) by the residual man heat left by my roommate.

Post-rectal warmth

The uncomfortable warm feeling you get after sitting in a seat that was previously occupied by a "fluffy" person with a huge butt.

"Ewww, that lard butt left post-rectal warmth in my seat!"

ass heat

The residual warmth on a chair or toilet seat from someone else's butt.

I sat down on the throne in stall 2 and I knew that Carl had just been there from all the ass heat.

enter image description here

Image source: http://imgur.com/gallery/foIrRK7


Thermal buttprint, akin to thermal handprint.

enter image description here


Where I'm from we call it Firepad, although that typically assumes the person who was formerly sitting in the chair farted as well.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.